Born to be Bookahoilc :D

Books, books, books and some more books.
The Ocean at the End of the Lane: A Novel - Neil Gaiman Ho finito il libro da almeno cinque giorni ma non riesco a scrivere una recensione decente.. Questo libro è divino; questo libro è Gaiman allo stato puro!!!Gaiman torna finalmente ai romanzi per adulti e l'ho fa in modo scoppiettante, geniale e assolutamente indimenticabile.Per darvi un'idea di quanto lui mi piaccia: Gaiman è uno di quegli autori di cui si leggono (con piacere, gioia ed emozione) anche i ringraziamenti. This book is the book you have just read. It’s done. Now we’re in the acknowledgements. This is not really part of the book. You do not have to read it. It’s mostly just names. Uno di quegli autori che una volta finito il libro, ti lascia dentro un vuoto incolmabile e ti fa sperare che ne scriva presto un altro..Meraviglioso.Da brava scimmietta ammaestrata che ha perso l'uso della favella, questo è il massimo che sono in grado di produrre.Fidatevi a prescindere di Gaiman e fatevi un favore: leggete questa meraviglia. Lasciatevi incantare da Gaiman, amatelo come l'essere meraviglioso quale è!!Per rendere un minimo di giustizia a Gaiman, vi lascio due link che a me hanno deliziato, commosso, divertito e affascinato:Intervista a NeilRecensione del libro sul blog di Amanda, sua moglie (c'è così tanto di loro! Che meraviglia!!)Praises for Neil GaimanGaiman is, simply put, a treasure-house of story, and we are lucky to have him’ Stephen King‘There’s no one quite like Neil Gaiman. American Gods is Gaiman at the top of his game, original, engrossing, and endlessly inventive, a picaresque journey across America where the travellers are even stranger than the roadside attractions’ George R R MartinThe cake had a book drawn on it, in icing. My mother, who had organised the party, told me that the lady at the bakery said that they had never put a book on a birthday cake before, and that mostly for boys it was footballs or spaceships. I was their first book.I lay on the bed and lost myself in the stories. I liked that. Books were safer than other people anyway.I was sad not to have won thousands of pounds (I already knew what I would buy with it. I would buy a place to go and be alone, like a Batcave, with a hidden entrance), but I was delighted to be in possession of a fortune beyond my previous imaginings. Twenty-five pounds.‘Mother!’ she said. ‘Giving the boy honey. You’ll rot his teeth.’ Old Mrs Hempstock shrugged. ‘I’ll have a word with the wigglers in his mouth,’ she said. ‘Get them to leave his teeth alone.’ ‘You can’t just boss bacteria around like that,’ said the younger Mrs Hempstock. ‘They don’t like it.’By the fireplace, the kitten lapped at a saucer of creamy milk, and purred so loudly I could hear it across the room. I wished I could purr too. I would have purred then.I was a normal child. Which is to say, I was selfish and I was not entirely convinced of the existence of things that were not me, and I was certain, rock-solid, unshakeably certain, that I was the most important thing in creation. There was nothing that was more important to me than I was. Even so, I understood what I was seeing. The hunger birds would – no, they were ripping the world away, tearing it into nothing. Soon enough, there would be no world. My mother, my father, my sister, my house, my school friends, my town, my grandparents, London, the Natural History Museum, France, television, books, ancient Egypt – because of me, all these things would be gone, and there would be nothing in their place. I did not want to die. More than that, I did not want to die as Ursula Monkton had died, beneath the rending talons and beaks of things that might not even have had legs or faces. I did not want to die at all. Understand that. I let go of Lettie Hempstock’s hand and I ran, as fast as I could, knowing that to hesitate, even to slow down, would be to change my mind, which would be the wrong thing, which would be to save my life.‘You get on with your own life. Lettie gave it to you. You just have to grow up and try and be worth it.’

I Know This Much Is True