Born to be Bookahoilc :D

Books, books, books and some more books.
Armed & Dangerous - Abigail Roux Il romanzo è m/m.. Lettore avvisato! :DQuesta serie mi sta facendo fisicamente male. O meglio, appena finisco un volume, sento il grande vuoto cosmico che si impossessa prepotentemente di me. L'ho finito stamattina (aaaah. Ma quanto è rilassante svegliarsi e come prima cosa leggere?! Impagabile!) e ho il magone.. Ok, mi viene da piangere, ecco l'amara verità!!Mi succede spesso di provare tristezza/vuoto/mancanza quando termino un libro, non è una novità.. Però diamine se è dura :(Ty e Zane.. Tanto tanto tanto tanto tanto tanto amore! Una delle coppie più BELLE che ho avuto il privilegio di incontrare!Ne abbiamo fatta di strada, dal primo volume.. Una storia che non è amore lampo, due personaggi complessi, dalle mille sfaccettature che crescono insieme, superano i loro problemi e le loro paure insieme.. :') Questo volume è meraviglioso: Ty e Zane sono di una tenerezza indicibile insieme, il modo in cui si guardano, come si capiscono, come sono sereni.. Aaaw. Fanno uscire il lato romantico di me che credevo estinto da secoli, giuro! :D(Rendiamoci conto che il libro mi sta facendo fare la fatica psico/fisica di cercare immagini coi cuoricini. Giusto per rendere l'idea di quanto mi sia partito il trip per questi due!!)Sarei tentata di fermarmi qui e non andare avanti nella serie, perché so che mi aspetta un volume di sofferenza (Sarà per questo che man mano che finisco un libro di Ty e Zane e mi avvicino al terribile mi cresce il magone? :( )A parte la storia d'amore -dolce, tenera, sexi, perfetta- il libro mi ha fatto un sacco ridere.. Ty è un personaggio memorabile, c'è poco da fare; quando poi gli si affianca un altro bad-ass come Julian e i due iniziano a beccarsi a vicenda.. *Muoio* Ok, ho finito di usare immagini idiote, promesso!Vi lascio la canzone che mi sta facendo impazzire, a braccetto col libro: Whataya Want From Me“The first time I told you—” “You were scared shitless.” Zane was silent. He wanted to deny it, but Ty was right. The day Ty had danced with him in his living room, he’d told Ty he loved him before he’d even realized the words were slipping out. “You were terrified as soon as it came out, weren’t you?” Ty asked. “Yes.” “If I hadn’t given you an out, what would you have done?” Zane closed his eyes. “You would have freaked out. And you were already freaking out anyway. Do you know how much it hurt to dismiss that? But you weren’t ready. And I needed you to say it for you. Not for me.” “Ty,” Zane said between kisses, his hands firm on Ty’s body. “Be mine, just for now. There’s time.” Ty reached for Zane’s face, meeting his eyes. “I was always yours,” he said with difficulty. Zane pressed his fingertips to Ty’s lips. “Why?” Ty shook his head, searching for the answer. His chest tightened and breathing became difficult, but he landed on the words he needed. He met Zane’s dark eyes and realized he was feeling light-headed as he answered. “Because… you make me the kind of person I’ve always wished I was.” “Next time… next time I need to go, will you go with me?” Whatever remnants of anger still lingering had no chance against a request like that.Ty hugged him tight and let out the breath he’d been holding in a rush. “I love you. I will always be yours, Zane—no matter where I am or where you are. I promise you that,” he said, the words as serious as Zane had ever heard Ty utter. “Why a compass?” Ty asked. He hadn’t taken his eyes off Zane’s yet. Zane smiled and ran his thumb across the pendant. “Because you gave me direction when I was lost. You showed me the way.” He looked up to meet Ty’s eyes. “You’re like my very own compass.” “Zane.” “I know, I know. I’m a sap.” “Maybe. But you’re my sap,” Ty said fondly. He reached for Zane and leaned in to kiss him.“Guns on the couch. Mr. Jacobs, if you would please join my partner over here,” he said with a tilt of his head at Zane, mimicking Julian’s proper speech, “he’ll be kind enough to handcuff you again and frog-march you downstairs.” “Do you work at being this rude?” Cameron asked. Ty could hear Zane choking on what might have been a laugh. “I said please.”Ty turned to Zane and shook his head. “I refuse to drive to DC in a compact.” “There’s no way we’d all get into a compact unless we lashed Cross to the roof,” Zane said. Ty looked Julian up and down. “They don’t even have any SUVs,” Cameron said to Julian and Zane. “Maybe the trunk,” Ty said. Cameron gave him a disbelieving look before shaking his head, and he was seized with the urge to smack Zane as the man looked to be considering it.A shiver ran down Zane’s spine, and he had to admit, a part of him liked it. “What is it about him that gets you so riled?” “It’s not him, Zane. It’s you.” “Me? What’d I do?” “He is a threat to both of us. You’ve seen what he’s capable of, and I have to tell you, I don’t think he’s trying yet. I think he’s just a fucking raptor testing the fences. When I look at him, I see him hurting you.”“I think you need to go with what you can sleep with at night.” “It’s you, Zane.” Zane smiled wanly as he reached for the soap. “I don’t mean fuck at night, I mean sleep with. Whatever keeps your mind at rest.” “I know what you meant.”Zane leaned over enough to catch Ty’s lips in a gentle kiss. It didn’t last long. “I know you love me. And you know I love you. The rest will wait a little longer.” “Feels good to say that, doesn’t it?” Zane dragged one finger along Ty’s lower lip. “Yeah. And I intend to keep saying it. Often.” “Fine,” Julian said, his tone making it clear he was reaching the end of his patience. “We’ll solve this like men.” “What do you want, MacGuffin, a duel?” “No.” Julian held out both hands, one palm flat, the other held over it in a fist. “Rock, paper, scissors. Two out of three.” Ty rolled his eyes and held out his fist, apparently willing to play. Julian hit his palm three times, and Ty kept time with his fist in the air. But when Julian threw a paper, Ty reached into his jacket with his other hand and pulled his gun, aiming it at Julian. “Ty!” Zane said in exasperation from the front seat. “Glock, paper, scissors. I win.” “You are an ass,” Julian muttered.“I’m gonna end up in the fucking madhouse because of you!” He reached out and grabbed Ty’s wrist, pulling him closer. “Loving you is going to make me fucking insane! I said no, and I mean it!” Ty froze. Julian could only see half his face, but he appeared to be staring at Zane, mouth hanging open. Julian realized he was doing the same thing. After several heartbeats, Zane closed his eyes and exhaled.Ty bit his lip, watching his lover just because he could. He firmly believed that being able to rile Zane like he could was one of the aspects of their relationship that had saved Zane from tumbling back into his destructive past. Every now and then, Zane just needed to feel like he was alive. Everyone should be able to feel that. And if annoying him to the point of homicide was what it took, Ty was up to the challenge.“I love you,” Ty said, the quiet words devoid of any self-consciousness or his usual bravado. “And I’ve never been able to say that before with such conviction. I can’t remember a time that you weren’t the first thing I thought of, and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I don’t care what stands in our way.”“We’re going to need a really big towel,” Ty murmured as he turned his head to press his mouth against Zane’s temple. Zane chuckled again and sighed. “Shower.” Ty hummed a negative. “Then I won’t smell like you when I wake up.” Zane pushed himself up on one elbow so he could look at Ty. “That’s… ridiculously romantic.”“I love you,” he whispered, intending to say it as much as possible, at every opportunity, for the rest of his life.“Garrett. He’s never looked at me like he looks at you,” Nick said in a soft voice. “He’s never looked at anything the way he looks at you. Besides. He hates the Sox. We’d never work.”“Isn’t that going to be dangerous?” Julian nodded grimly. “That’s why they’re all grinning like idiots. Lucky bastards.”“Your task was to retrieve and deliver a CIA asset by the name of Julian Cross, correct?” “No, no, you’ve got this all wrong. I was sent to get milk. I got 2 percent instead of skim and everything went ballistic. I mean you’d think I brought home soy milk or something!”“He’s okay?” Burns nodded. “Emptied a double-barreled shotgun at a couple of Company lackeys, and then they arrested him. He spent all night claiming he thought they were the Men in Black coming to scan his brain.”Burns hummed, meeting Ty’s eyes and trying not to smile. “You want the CIA to believe that you mistook your partner for your prisoner, handcuffed him, and delivered him to Langley?” Ty shrugged. “I mean… he grew a beard. It was an honest mistake.” Burns nodded. “Fair enough.”Zane let out a shaky breath and whispered. “Will you… will you make love to me?”

I Know This Much Is True